It’s that time of the year again — time for spring cleaning. It can be a daunting task, especially if you haven’t done much over the winter months.
Regardless of the size of the task, there are things that can make your life easier. This spring I partnered with Wayfair to come up with 15 of my favorite spring cleaning tips, tricks, and hacks. So grab your cleaning buckets and mops and check out these helpful tips and tricks.
- Clean windows using a microfiber cloth and water for streak-free results.
- Remove stubborn pet hair using either a tape roller, or try a squeegee to remove hair from furniture.
- Clean your garbage disposal using a cup of baking soda, a cup of vinegar, and hot water. Just pour it down the drain to remove the smell.
- A magic formula of one tablespoon of liquid dish soap, two cups cool water, and one tablespoon of white vinegar mixed together and dabbed on a coffee stain will make it disappear.
- To clean oven racks, soak them in water, dish soap, and dryer sheets so the first wipes right off.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals to clean a humidifier as it could damage it. Instead use a water rinse and vinegar soak.
- Hard water stains on surfaces will wipe right off with some apple cider vinegar.
- To clean a microwave all you need is to heat a little white vinegar and lemon juice in the microwave and gently wipe the inside of the microwave.
- To remove wax from carpet, use a piece of paper and an iron. With the iron on low heat, rub the iron over the piece of paper on the wax. The wax on the carpet will stick to the paper and lift right off of the carpet.
- Freshen up your tile grout by using a hydrogen peroxide and baking soda solution and scrubbing it with a toothbrush.
- To make your grill shine, and to repel rust, use some cream of tartar and lemon juice. Use a toothbrush to scrub, wait a few minutes, and wipe clean.
- Blinds can be tricky to clean. Slide a pair of old socks on a pair of salad tongs, secure with a rubber band, dip in white vinegar and water, and start wiping!
- Something many people overlook cleaning is their shower head. To clean it, mix baking soda, vinegar, and dish soap into a plastic bag and attach it to the shower head with a rubber band. Allow it to soak and then scrub with a toothbrush.
- To remove pet “accident” odors, sprinkle baking soda on the spot, spray with white vinegar, and scrub with a scrub brush. After the solution has dried then vacuum up the residue.
- Make sure that you have the right tools. Visit Wayfair.com to stock up on everything you need to get your house in tip-top shape including mops, brooms, vacuums, and more!