These one-eyed sea monster cupcakes will have your kids in monster heaven! These are delicious cupcakes, with a fun one-eyed monster design on top! These are great to make for a monster inspired birthday, Monsters Inc, or even for Halloween! These monster cupcakes are more fun than scary, and your kids can even join in and help decorate!
In this recipe, I used a box cake, but you are welcome to use a homemade cake recipe if you choose! For the octopus body, you use these, Trolli Sour Bright candies, that work perfectly. Then with a little icing, you place a googly eye in the center, to take it from an octopus to a sea monster! They are gummies, with a little bit of a sour kick, that kids love!
Kids Will Flip Over These One-Eyed Sea Monster Cupcakes
You can get creative and do multiple colors of frosting if you want, I just stuck to a really fun lime green! I think it would be fun next time to do a blue, orange, and green color for frostings to mix it up! These cupcakes are bold and bright, and just scream summer fun to me! Nothing like ending summer with a fun and tasty treat like these cupcakes! I hope you all enjoy this delicious and fun cupcake recipe!
- 1 box vanilla white cake mix
- 1 container vanilla white icing
- 2 bags of Trolli's gummy octopus
- 4 lime green gel food coloring
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 3 whole eggs
- 12 cupcake liners
- 12 candy eyes
- 1 ziploc bag
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix eggs, oil, water, two drops of food gel, and cake mix together. Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan. Using a ice cream scoop, scoop mixture into each liner. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- In a small bowl, mix icing and two drops of food gel. Ice each top of the cupcakes. Place octopus on top. Put some icing in the ziploc bag. Cut off tip and pipe a dot on the eye. Place the eye on the octopus.
- Serve with sea creature delight!