These bloody cupcakes are a delicious way to celebrate the Halloween season. There are three steps to the process of making these bloody cupcakes. Whether you’re looking to create a Halloween party treat or something fun in the kitchen with your family this Halloween season, these bloody cupcakes will surely be a spectacular choice. The combination of homemade frosting with vanilla cake mix will taste delicious with the fake blood and broken glass look decorated atop the cupcakes. Your kids will think this is so much fun that they may ask for bloody Halloween cupcakes for their next birthday party.
You can make the vanilla cake from scratch using your favorite vanilla cake recipe, or just follow my instructions to make the cupcakes from a vanilla cake premade mix. All of these ingredients can be found within the baking aisle of your local grocery store. If you really want to save some extra money in the process of making these bloody cupcakes, you can check your local dollar store for some of the ingredients like the red food coloring or corn syrup. If you’re ready to get started, then continue reading to find out just what’s involved in making these delicious bloody cupcakes. Below you’ll find the ingredients for the broken glass, fake blood and cupcakes to ensure you’ll have everything necessary to make these bloody cupcakes the best Halloween party snack ever!
Bloody Halloween Cupcakes
- 2 C water
- 1 C light corn syrup
- 3 1/2 C sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 cookie sheet
1/2 C light corn syrup
1 tbsp corn starch
1/4 C water
1 tbsp red food coloring
Using a large sauce pan, combine the water, corn syrup, sugar, and cream of tarter
Bring the mixture to a boil
Once mixture is boiling, insert a candy thermometer and boil sugar syrup until the temp reaches 300 degrees.
Once the temp reaches 300 degrees, spray a cookie sheet with pam spray and pour the sugar onto the cookie sheet
Allow to cool overnight
Fake Blood ingredients:
Using a medium bowl, mix together the corn syrup, cornstarch, and water until combined
Add in the drops of red food coloring and mix until combined
Makes 22 Cupcakes
- 1 box of Vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs room temp
- 1/2 C of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C 2% milk
- 1TBSP pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp red food coloring
- cupcake liners
- cupcake pan
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with the white cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, butter, milk, and vanilla extract and stir until combined
- Mix in the red food coloring
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes.
- Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool before frosting.
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 disposable piping bag with a star tip
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
- Mix until you see stiffed peaks in your frosting.
- Scoop frosting into a piping bag and frost the cooled cupcakes
- Using a hammer, break the glass into different sizes of shards
- Place randomly into the cupcake frosting
- Pour the red coloring around the shards on the cupcakes